On going thread for folks to add their attempts to connect external USB MIDI controller devices. I am not having much luck. and often get a bunch of java errors that I then need to do the flash rescue to reset the AKSO. In all cases the AKSO does recognize the devices in the board -> midi routing menu
I have tried:
- Beat step pro: USB C to USB B Micro cable to BSP (cable from Amazon)
- Beatstep pro using USB C to USB A/B adaptor to USB A/B to USB B Micro to BSP (cable from Arturia)
- Elektron TM-1: connected using standard Elektron supplied USB cable to the AKSO with USB A-C adaptor and then various synths and sequencers plugged into MIDI in
- Squarp Pyramid directly into to AKSO using USB C to A/B converter
- Digitone connected to AKSO using USB C to USB A/B convertor to standard USB B into the Digitone. Obviously a Digitone is not an ideal controller but just checking
Seems MIDI compliance is still a ways off but hoping to try a simpler device like an AKAI LPD8 later today when I have time.