Plinky. 8 voice DIY granular/wavetable synthesizer

Anyone had a look at Plinky? Amazing little thing for the price! Basically has all the functionality of a Launchpad Pro and many of a Synthstrom Deluge combined with CV I/O in a stand-alone eurorack module.

If/when a Eurorack module adapter is available for AKSO they would make a great pair in a small skiff no?

Been on my radar a while, was quite inspired with the UI, seems elegant, although loopop states that it can be finicky, requiring double presses, was nice to see him review it actually…lets see if we can put an Akso in his hands at some future point

1 Like

Mm, really neat.

Its particular sounds are quite…particular. I’ll have to watch more videos to see if it’s usable in a broader setup or if it contains too many premade decisions.

1 Like

Did some digging. The core is a stm32l476vgt6 overclocked to 100mhz, apparently chosen as it’s the last stm with integrated capacitive touch. The creator Alex Evans is one of the founders of Media Molecule (Devs for Dreams on PS4) and seems to have entirely self-taught himself hardware design from scratch as he developed this project after work. Inspiring stuff!

His twitter thread describing the highs and lows of hardware development as a hobby was enlightening https://twitter.com/mmalex/status/1229767896676564992?s=19

1 Like

Would certainly be good pr for the project when it’s further along. Would really need an affordable, standardised and accessible interface/module or case I think to be as communicable as something like Plinky or the Organelle. Someone would need to take that on.

1 Like